QualityWings has released a major update for the Ultimate 787 Collection.
Service Pack 2 (Version 1.2.0) introduces the long-awaited Boeing 787-10 to the QualityWings Dreamliner fleet. It is the longest version of the 787 family and requires significant changes to the main landing gear to improve ground clearance during rotation. This semi-levered landing gear is the same concept which is used on the 777-300. Flight Dynamic and taxi characteristics of the 787-10 have been detailed, based on information obtained during and after entry into service.
Other highlights include updated fonts and look of the cockpit displays, most notably the EICAS along with a redesigned weather radar. VATSIM transponder compatibility has been added as well as wheel chocks, custom SELCAL IDs and engine windmilling.
The QW Load Agent
Based on a transportation statistics database, the QW Load Agent will generate a realistic payload factor for a particular route. With the payload data coming from historic real-life flights, you will also see this change depending on the season and even the day of the week.
Service Pack 2 is free for existing customers. Due to the scope of this update, a full uninstall and reinstallation is required. The installers are available on the QualityWings website.
- Boeing 787-10 variant
- VATSIM Transponder compatibility
- Custom SELCAL
- Engine windmilling effect
- Wheel chocks
- Option to customise PFD colours added
- New QW load agent in EFB
- Customised airline-specific EFB graphics.
- Reworked weather radar for improved stability, range and realism
- Cockpit Display fonts & alignment improved
- Fuel Prediction shows -nan(ind) when loading a saved flight with uplinked winds
- VC – FO EFB click spots are out of alignment
- VC – External Power “Avail” annunciators do not work occasionally
- VC – Pedestal appears too bright when Interior Shadows are disabled (P3Dv4 only)
- VC – cockpit certificates read -8 for all variants
- VC – improved button/switch animations
- VC – HUD occasionally disappears below 30ft AGL
- VC – Yoke deflection angle corrected
- Exterior – Main Gear Tires too glossy
- Exterior – SODE jetway position too high
- Flaps 17/18/20 not recognised as valid take-off settings
- PFD – Flight Director does not appear until MCP speed gets changed
- ND – “Time to Align” overlaps MAP/PLAN buttons in Plan Mode on full ND
- Display brightness setting does not get saved when clicking “SAVE CONFIG” on the QW CONFIG screen
- Panel state – When loading a panel state where the APU was running, the APU is shutdown but the switch in the ON position. APU should be up and running.
- FMC OPT/RECMD/MAX altitude logic flawed
- EFB – Passenger count and cargo weights incorrect for -9 and -10
- EFB – Landing Distances show as ‘0’ when using “copy from FMC”. Fixed by re-selecting the runway
- EFB – Mismatch between FMC/EICAS and EFB weights
- CDU – When entering a value to change the STEP SIZE, the scratchpad does not clear
- Excessive thrust increase/decrease during turns
- TCAS does not filter traffic outside of altitude limits (BELOW/NORM/ABOVE)
- QW Dispatcher – Pax weight changed to 190lbs
- Tail Strobe light splash missing (P3Dv4 only)
- White Engines appear slightly greyish (P3Dv4 only)
- Improvements to Panel State saving/loading
- Anti-Skid system fixed
- Exit positions for SODE jetways fixed
- Strobe lights default to OFF when loading the plane on the ground.