Eagle Dynamics has posted a status update on the upcoming DCS: F-16C Viper for DCS: World.
According to the company: “Things are moving at a very rapid pace.” The focus for the upcoming release on the following points:
- RWS and STT are working, but work continues the SAM sub-mode and symbology and functions are being cleaned up. Work continues on Track While Scan (TWS) mode in parallel with the Hornet. This will come shortly after release.
- AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are up and running, but several items to still tune and add. Mostly the Dynamic Launch Zones (DLZ) and a few more minor items.
- The Litening targeting pod is in and working, even for LGB self-designation. There are several items to still fix and add. Related, the DED laser page for the pod is now working. Please note that the LGB bomb laser code cannot be set in the aircraft.
- ILS is in, but the needles still need to set up.
- The underside of the aircraft with completed textures will be completed imminently.
- The cockpit is more fleshed out with the Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) sensor post, some improved seat textures, a better effect for the LCD displays, and we removed the safety pin from the manual chute handle.
- The Early Access Guide is shaping up well and will be available at release.
- Several interactive training missions will be available at release.
- ACM radar modes are in, but the HUD needs to be updated.
- Dogfight switch is underway now and associated after and forward (MRM) functions.
- We plan to have an initial IFF system but have not settled on the exact mechanization.
- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) is working in NAV mode.
- Cockpit night lighting has been further improved with gauge lighting.
- The centerline fuel tank will be ready this week.
- Initial CMDS and RWR is functional. Four programs for chaff and flares and the RWR will be set up for the ALR-56M.
- Cold start is working now, but we are adjusting some of the electrical panel sub-systems so the act correctly during cold start. Some of the instrument values are a bit off too, and we are working to adjust them.
- Flightpath marker (FPM) drift cut off is added.
Release date will be announced next week, after which the 20% discount will end.