Leonardo Software has announced the latest build 1.5b476 for the MD-82 and MD-83/MD-88 products is in Open Beta.
The upgrade is free of charge for all customers who own the 64-Bit edition. It is compatible with Prepar3D version 4.4 and v4.5 only. To rationalise development times, the company has decided to remove the non-PBR model options. The official stable version will be released in approximately two weeks.
New features include the Canadian Marconi CMS-900 coupled with the PMS, along with new cockpit customisations. A series of improvements and fixes ranges from new sounds to the improved GSX Level 2 integration, now making full use of the new features available.
If you own the MD-83 and MD-88 variants, you are now free to choose any of the three engine types for each airframe.
New PFPX profiles includes all possible airframe/cabin layout/engine type combinations.
The OAM Vol II chapter 6 has been updated to include the CMS-900 and PMS.
The following add-ons are not compatible with CMS-900/PMS systems at the moment, but can be used with the Honeywell FMS without issues: Fs2Crew MaddogX reboot edition – Remote server – MCE: Multi Crew Experience – FSiPanel.
Full list of updates:
- Added Canadian Marconi CMS-900 and PMS systems
- Added new cockpit customisations in ‘Airliner Options’ (check ‘Fly the Maddog X User Manual.pdf’ – page 9)
- Added mouse acceleration (if enabled in load manager) to VHF freq decimals in 8.33KHz mode
- Added clock settings (except chr buttons) to the CM1/CM2 sync option.
- Added the option to select -219 engine type for the MD-82 and -217A/-217C for the MD-83/MD-88 (TRC settings and performances will change accordingly)
- Removed non-PBR option.
- Added sound for auto/manual press lever and manual press wheel movement
- Added sound for spoiler extended in flight
- Added slat aerodynamic sound
- All cockpit sounds now located in the aircraft sound folder.
- Operation Manuals revision ‘Vol II chapter 6 – conditional procedures’, to include CMS900+PMS reference
- ‘Quick Guide and ‘User Manual’ revision.
- Minor bug fixes
- Revised flight dynamics
- Improved LOC CAP logic
- Fixed and improved GSX/GSX Level 2 integration.
- Improved engine spool-up timing and sound sync.
3D MODEL: INTERNAL
- Fine-tuning of VC objects dimensions and position.