VSKYLABS has released version 5 of the Phoenix Air U15 S-LSA Pro-Edition v5.0.
Manufactured by Czech-based Phoenix Air, the real U15 S-LSA is powered by a Rotax 912UL/ULS engine and made of composite materials. It is equipped with a switchable wing tips, changing the wingspan from 15m to 11m in less than a minute. The latter is slightly faster, with a higher roll-rate and better manoeuvrability. The aircraft can be flown as light sport aircraft or as a motor glider.
The VSKYLABS U15 test pilot project was developed for X-Plane with the approval of Phoenix Air as an independent VSKYLABS project. Designed for use with the X-Plane 11.30+ experimental flight dynamics, the package features authentic performance and handling characteristics. Two flight models are included for the switchable wing tips.
The package comes with built-in support for the Avitab Plugin (not included) and STMA Autoupdater, so all updates are pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package. The project is under constant development and all updates are free.
New features in version v5.0:
- Tuned performance and handling characteristics
- Choke system is now operational
- New internal engineering.
- Canopy is now operational and animated
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering)
- COM1 is integrated into the GNS530
- Older transponder replaced with a new GTX-327
- Cockpit instruments lighting.
- Optimised for virtual reality
- FMOD Sound-pack:
- New Pilot’s operating handbook.
The package is available over on x-plane.org for $24 (approx. £19.70/€21.70). It is a free update to all VSKYLABS U15 customers.