The latest X-Plane destination by Orbx is LOWI Innsbruck Airport.
Innsbruck is one of the iconic airports of the word, with a jaw-dropping backdrop and challenging approaches, located in the heart of the Alps. It is the country’s third-largest and is a true multi-purpose field and is home to busy airline schedules competing for space alongside corporate hi-flyers, rescue and leisure helicopters, general aviation aircraft, recreational glider pilots and even frequent Red Bull visitors.
The package from Orbx features a vast coverage area allowing you to explore the peaks and glaciers of the Austrian Alps, the picturesque Inn, Wipp and Stubai Valleys, the historic Brenner Pass and a large part of Bavaria. Dozens of towns and villages dot the Tyrolian and Bavarian landscape and the city of Innsbruck has been created in detail with more than 160 landmarks.
Three detailed heliports are included; Hat Tux/Alpin 5 (LOJT), located deep in the hidden valleys of the Tirol, the Unversity Hospital (Uni Klinik) rooftop pad in the heart of the city, and the ÖAMTC Flight Rescue Centre, adjacent to the airport.
- HD airport, CityScene of Innsbruck and mini region all in one
- Detailed rendition of LOWI
- 8,200km2 coverage
- Hand-corrected and coloured PR at 30cm/60cm/1m
- Custom vegetation and building autogen
- Major bridges, freeway overpasses created as unique models
- Animated GSE (Ground Service Equipment) and static aircraft
- Night lighting
- Ultra-HD mesh sampled from 10m DEM source
- Complete TrueEarth style coverage for entire area
- Optimised for performance.
LOWI is available over on OrbxDirect for AUD$39.95 (approx. $26.91/€24,06/£22.15).