Scenery developer, Orbx has announced Orbx Central is out now.
Replacing FTX Central, the installer will greatly improves the purchase, download, and install process for Orbx products and is designed from the ground up to be easy to use.
Orbx Central is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux and can be downloaded here.
- Cross-Platform: whether you use Windows, macOS or Linux, Orbx Central will work for you.
- Modern UI: the user interface has received a full overhaul, making it easier to use than ever before.
- In-App Purchasing: you can now purchase and install Orbx products completely within Central! If you take the optional step to save your card, you can even complete purchases with just a few clicks!
- Automatic Updates: never wonder if you’re using the latest version of Orbx scenery – Central will keep them up-to-date automatically.
- Install Anywhere: want to install your Orbx scenery to another drive? Libraries make this easy. You can choose any location you wish, and have your Orbx scenery intelligently linked back into your simulator (using symbolic links in X-Plane and Aerofly, and add-on packages in Prepar3D v4).
- Add-On Packages Support (add-on.xml): we now use add-on packages for Prepar3D v4! This means that if you need to re-install your whole simulator, you will not need to re-install all of your Orbx products.
- Speed Improvements: the download and install component of Central has been completely re-written. It is now more robust, stable, and faster than ever before!