Orbx has announced that Australia v2 is now available for FSX and Prepar3D.
Australia v2 is a landclass-style region that brings together everything on a massive scale. Almost 700 airports have been upgraded or created from scratch, enabling you to criss-cross the country in VFR. Coastlines, waterbodies, road, rail and powerline networks have been recreated from scratch, using the latest high-fidelity data to vastly improve accuracy and detail across the continent.
Towns, urban centres and other settlements have been reworked too; diversity, realism and accuracy greatly improve the immersion, whether that be flying cross-country long-haul or local VFR hops. Terrain elevation mesh has been brought to the next level; incorporating the latest data from the Australian Government, the new HD mesh makes a huge difference on both a small and large scale. In addition to these major re-workings, over 50 large-scale photoreal points of interest have been created from scratch to represent well-known geological and man-made features. Mine sites, dry lakes, tidal water bodies, unusual geographical formations and more have been expertly edited, colourised and blended to the surrounding terrain. The largest of these features is the Great Barrier Reef; recreated in photoreal quality.
AUv2 also features a high-definition Melbourne Cityscape. The inner suburbs of Melbourne have been brought to life in full photoreal detail. 30cm ground textures, complete custom modelling for CBD blocks, detailed POIs, hand-placed autogen vegetation and night lighting, which brings the city to life.
- Key Features
- Eight million sq km in full Orbx region quality
- Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
- 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports
- Over 50+ large-scale photoreal areas of interest such as salt lakes, mine sites, tidal areas and many more
- High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania
- New lakes, rivers and shorelines with improved quality and accuracy
- Entire Great Barrier Reef in photoreal
- Completely new road and rail networks
- Improved and new landclass types
- Hundreds of thousands of new geographical features; dry lakes, parks, railyards, industrial areas etc
- Much-improved populated area shape accuracy.
Australia v2 is available over on OrbxDirect for AUD $54.95 (approx. $38.17/€33,68/£30.00).