Eagle Dynamics has announced the DCS: F-16C Viper is now available on pre-order.
The F-16C single-engine multi-role fighter was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs missions including air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defence suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, manoeuvrability and firepower.
Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio. Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the LITENING targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more.
Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper:
- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS)
- Realistic model of the F-16C, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear
- Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like “auto start” are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine
- Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs
- A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM)
- Authentic F-16C sounds
- Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation
- Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.
The DCS: F-16C Viper is available on the DCS e-shop with a 20% discount for $63.99 (approx. £50). The price will increase to $79.99 (approx. 63) this autumn when it is due to be released.