Lockheed Martin has announced Hotfix 1 is now available for Prepar3D v4.5.
Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in the hotfix. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional.
Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v4 installed before applying the update.
As with other Prepar3D updates, to install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed performance issues on some systems
- Fixed issue where the interpolated wind direction value would be invalid in some cases
- Added configuration option to toggle UI hardware acceleration mode (UIHardwareAcceleration)
- Fixed crash when re-enabling Virtual Reality (VR) while using the Oculus headset
- Fixed crash that could occur in some cases after a plugin removed its textures from the system
- Varjo eye tracking is now supported
- Improved performance when using the Varjo headset
- Fixed issue where CreateEffect callbacks would not be issued unless both xyz and pbh offsets were present
- CIGI ownship ID now set to 0 for versions prior to CIGI 4.0
- Fixed error with empty EntityAffiliation tags being written out in saved scenarios
- Fixed issue where sound volume could be incorrect when switching between interior and exterior views
- Fixed issue where PBR textures could be black in interior views when first entering a vehicle
- Fixed incorrect unit conversions for camera eyepoint altitude P variables.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed missing PBR texture in F-16A
- Removed light scaling from beacon effects.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Increased beacon light visibility distance.
SDK Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the PBRMaterial’s effectFile property would not be updated during load
- Fixed an issue where 3ds Max exports would throw material mismatch errors when P3DMaterial and PBRMaterial were being used in the same scene
- Fixed issue with drawing and loading Annotator vegetation polygons
- Fixed several minor errors in documentation.
The new update is available on the Prepar3D website.