Eagle Dynamics (ED) has announced the Polikrapov I-16 fighter for DCS World is out now.
Developed by third-party studio Octopus G, the I-16 was a Soviet, monoplane fighter developed during the 1930s inter-war years. It was the USSR’s primary fighter at the start of World War Two where it primarily battled the Bf 109 Emil. The I-16 was also used in the Spanish Civil War and the second Sino-Japanese conflict. The I-16 type 24 was powered by an M-63 radial engine that gave it a top speed of 462kph. The aircraft was armed with four 7.62 ShKAS machine guns.
Key features of DCS: I-16 by OctopusG include:
- Detailed animated 3D fighter model
- True interactive cockpit providing 6DoF
- Realistic aircraft systems including electric and fuel flow system, engine system and lighting
- Accurate simulation of unique mechanical landing gear retraction system
- High-density textures of the cockpit and external 3 D model providing reflection and bump maps
- Set of authentic liveries.
The DCS: I-16 is available on the DCS website for $39.99 (approx. £31/€36). Click here for more information.