Aerosoft has announced a major update for the An-2 for FSX and Prepar3D has been released.
The highlight of the new version is the addition aircraft global condition. Each aircraft with a unique registration number will now have own persistent state for the engine, fuel system, electric system, lighting system, gauges, switches, etc.
Other features include:
- Improved engine simulation: water in fuel and a metal chip in the oil will affect the engine’s work
- Cold start will cause engine power loss
- Fixed engine start-up if the magnetos have been switched off
- Fuel tank selector fixed
- Fixed crash after several flight restarts
- Fixed the sound of the starter when the battery becomes discharged when spinning the flywheel
- Improved radio logic and increased stability
- Starter switch will stick to “clutch” position to help a pilot to engage magnetos by mouse to start engine more authentically
- Added lamp that lights up when the passenger door is opened
- Tuned engine start-up probability in cold weather conditions
- Added sound for oil cowling
- Cargo door logic added
- Added maintenance panel (shift-2) for the engine/fuel/electric/lighting systems
- Support for LINDA improved
- Implemented a simulation of CHT
- Implemented heater to start engine in cold conditions
- Reduced lag of the manifold pressure reading
- Improved slats behaviour
- Added a ‘flying pet’ to the cockpit
- Added military version of An-2 and VKS livery
- New Aeroflot livery, USSR-92962
- Modelled passenger and cargo cabin
- More authentic cockpit for SP-ASR
- Partially implemented ICOM IC-A210 for SP-ASR cockpit.
The An-2 is available on the Aerosoft online shop for €30.20 (approx. £26/$34).