Orbx has revealed TrueEarth US Washington is currently in development.
The package covers a 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) area, which includes Washington state as well as parts of British Columbia and Oregon.
In addition, Orbx is developing PBR autogen technology for X-Plane, which allows region-specific houses to be placed accurately.
TrueEarth Washington consists of more than 1,000 landmarks – from Victoria and its beautiful harbour to the Seattle city skyline, its stadiums and waterfront – all based on 2018 and 2019 data.
The coverage map below showcases where cityscape 3D models have been added for Seattle/Bellevue, Everett, Victoria, Spokane, Tacoma, Olympia and Yakima. There are many hundreds of POI models also throughout the entire state.
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, colour-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modelled PBR 3D POIs!
- More than 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings in Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick & Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported.
TrueEarth US Washington will be exclusively available via the new Orbx Central 4 to take advantage of all of the new features and Windows/macOS/Linux support out of the box. Central 4 includes many highly requested features including faster downloads and custom install locations.
The package will be available mid-June from OrbxDirect for AUD $69.95 (approx. $49.70/ €44.25 / £38.20). Please note this does not include the optional HD pack which will need to be purchased separately.
The HD pack provides a higher fidelity experience for those with more powerful machines.
Optional HD Pack
TrueEarth USA Washington uses efficient and optimised autogen, tree, 3D model and building facade textures for good performance on almost all mid-spec PCs, however for more powerful PCs with GPUs with at least 11GB of VRAM is recommended for the optional HD pack for better fidelity and clarity.
This pack includes:
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel’s Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures.
The TrueEarth US Washington optional HD pack will be an additional $14.95 AUD (approx. $10.60/ €9.45 / £8.15).