Leonardo Software has released version 1.4b412 for Fly the Maddog X. The latest update is for both the MD-82 base pack and the MD-83/MD-88 variants.
This release brings Prepar3D version 4.5 compatibility along with a huge number of fixes and fine tuning in system logics, FDE and graphics both inside and outside the aircraft. Some of the most important features include:
- Seamless integration with PFPX/SimBrief for flight planning
- Single livery installers: to reduce download size, only one livery per aircraft model is now included. Liveries being part of the previous version are available in our free repaint library in the forums, as individual downloads
- Optional PBR textures in the virtual cockpit
- Live sync between P3D v4.4/v4.5 and the load manager application for fuel/weights modifications
- EPR SEL option in TRP (SAS configuration)
- Support for networked Active Sky installations
- Support for IVAP transponder sync via LUA scripting and FSUIPC
- Addition of click spots to operate stairs, radome, cockpit windows, engine cowls and gear doors directly from the external view
A new ACARS system has also been introduced, which integrates with Active Sky (version 7035 or greater) and the maintenance/failures module. Based on an AI platform, ACARS is able to exchange messages according to the different phases of flight with dispatch and maintenance. You can check D-ATIS at airports, receive SIGMETS if severe weather is expected and interact with maintenance in the case of failures.
This update is free of charge for the 64-bit edition customers and is deployed only via the Leonardo forum as full installers.
Please note, the active development project platforms now are P3D v4.4 and P3D v4.5 only. None of the new features will be ported to previous P3D versions or FSX. Remember that for € 13 only (VAT excluded) we have our upgrade offer for 32-bit users.