Version 6 of the Tecnam P2006T Project by VSKYLABS is now available.
The aircraft has gone through a complete overhaul with better systems modelling, updated flight dynamics and a revamped project architecture. It also comes with the STMA AutoUpdater plugin.
One of the more significant changes is support for X-Plane’s 11.30 Experimental Flight Model. During the overhaul process, it was found that this demonstrated a wider flight envelope as well as greater accuracy in the low-speed regime, including stall and single-engine performance.
The VSKYLABS Tecnam P2006T Project is available on the x-plane.org store for $28.50 (approx. £22/€25).
Full feature list:
Project internal architecture:
- Analogue and G1000 variants share the same resources
- Exhaust emission position fixed for both engines
- Cooling and radiator remodelled
- Engine operational limits (CHT and oil temp) tuned
- All airfoils updated to the latest X-Plane 11.30+ versions
- Improved ground handling
- Drag characteristics optimised
- Trim settings and speed adjusted
- Better handling characteristics at high AoA
- Overhauled flight dynamics over the flight envelope with more accurate performance and handling characteristics
- Adjusted stall speeds and Vmca (critical engine)
- Take-off performance improvements
- Fuel consumption adjusted at all flight levels and power settings based on Tecnam official data.
- Autopilot Master switch algorithm redesigned
- AP Master switch is now the actual master switch for the autopilot system.
- Avionics bus redesign
- Left+Right buses systems redesign and separation
- Functional buses cross-tie algorithm added
- Alternators/generators amperage limits tuned.
- Cockpit light switches added
- RH instruments light switch is now functional.
Pre-flight switches state:
- Fuel tanks selectors in ‘cold and dark’ and in ‘engines-running modes’
- LH/RH ignition switches
- Autopilot default state (OFF)
- External lighting
- AviTab is now not visible by default.
- Cockpit switch interaction for VR remodelled
- Hide-yoke touch-zone remodelled.
- STMA AutoUpdater plugin added.
- Engine damage algorithm when the temperature is excessive
- Landing gear tyre blow-up algorithm added, including visualisation.
Modelling and texturing:
- Annunciator panel remodelled to match real-scale with clearer text
- PBR normal maps for the fuselage
- Liveries folder added.
- Trim-wheel interaction zone fixed in the G1000 variant
- ADF/Transponder (analogue variant) clearer visualisation.