VSKYLABS has announced the Test-Pilot: ICON-A5 Project v1.0 is released.
The package is part of the VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental Flight Model. Unique aspects of the ICON-A5 are simulated and are part of the flying experience along with authentic systems, cockpit panels and displays.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the ICON-A5, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.30+ ‘Experimental Flight Model’ environment
- Virtual Reality ready
- Detailed and fully animated aircraft exterior and interior
- Functional and authentic A5 Angle of Attack display system
- Ballistic parachute system along with automatic gear retraction on activation
- Bilge water build-up and purge system
- Removable cockpit windows.
- Authentic landing and taxi lights
- Animated wing-fold mechanism, embedded into the flight model
- Custom built PFD companion and a fully functional autopilot
- High quality, animated pilot figure
- Built-in Avitab plugin compatibility
- FMOD Sounds.
The Real Icon A5
The ICON-A5 American light sport amphibious aircraft is built mostly from carbon fibre and is powered by a fuel injected Rotax 921iS engine.
Its folding wing designed enables the A5 to be operated to and from almost every spot on the planet, from smooth short runways, dirt or beach strips – it can even be parked in a home garage!
The ICON-A5 design concept was to make flying accessible and safe for new pilots by using a car-like cockpit and displays in combination with various safety systems and stable handling characteristics such as the anti-spin aerodynamic design. For ultimate safety, the A5 is equipped with a ballistic parachute system.