PMDG has announced v3.00.9329 of the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II is now available for FSX and Prepar3D v3/ v4.
The highlight of this update is the addition of PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials for Prepar3D Version 4.4 that renders graphics in a way that more accurately models the flow of light in the real world.
PMDG CEO, Robert Randazzo explained: “This update is primarily driven by the need to update Prepar3D v4 users to a v4.4 standard that includes the use of PBR rendering on the external models. Obviously, since this is a Prepar3D v4.4-ONLY function, it is not present in either Prepar3D v4 or any of the FSX platforms.”
Along with the addition of PBR, the update also includes several updates and fixes.
The main highlights include:
- [External Model – Liveries] PBR Engine Pylon Textures
- [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] Forced WPT Sequencing minimum distance
- [EFB – Performance and Computational] Runway slope (custom airports) is ignored in landing calculations
- [EFB – Performance and Computational] Runway length of custom airports (OPT landing) is set to 0 when LDA is entered and field length is no entered
- [FMS – Functionality Problems (General)] IAN app intercepting the LOC/FAC HDG will sync to course automatically like an ILS
- [EFB – Performance and Computational] OPT-Landing: “Anti-ice not allowed below 10C” message should not be displayed when NNC is selected
- [EFB – Performance and Computational] Wrong label for NNC speed in Landing-Enroute page results when a NNC with a 0 ADD REF input is selected
- [EFB – Performance and Computational] Selection of Autobrakes in Landing-Enroute page not retained when changing OPT page
- [EFB – Navigraph Charting Functions] Some airport names appear incomplete, starting with a “-“
- [EFB – Navigraph Charting Functions] Some ground airport charts are not automatically added to the chart clip after route setup
- [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Registration Number lighting at Dawn
- [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] BCF Wiper Blade length
- [External Model – Geometry] Cockpit window tint
- [External Model – Geometry] Landing Gear does not dim the landing lights
- [FMS – Performance Pages] PERF INIT page Fuel quantity cannot be set manually above 162.0 (kg)
- [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Small light leak in the gear lever housing
- [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] RAT Activation near Wiper switch
To update, simply run the PMDG Operations Center, then click on the wheel at the top-right. The page that will display is the updates page.