This FREE digital issue of PC Pilot has finally touched down, featuring exciting product reviews, features, tutorials and more.
This publication will give you an overview of what a typical issue of our magazine encompasses. Typically, each edition features the most popular flight simulator platforms, such as FSX, Prepar3D, X-Plane and Digital Combat Simulator, to name but a few. We also bring you the latest news and reviews of flight sim hardware. In addition to product reviews, you will also find ongoing tutorials, features, interviews and our regular Q&A section. So, whether you’re new to flight simulation or are returning to the hobby, you’ll find something in here for you.
Challenging Airports: Alert, Nunavut, Canada (CYLT)
We travel to the uniquely situated, northernmost permanently-inhabited place on the planet: Alert, Canada.
Flight Adventure: A Caribbean Tour
As the northern hemisphere works its way towards winter, we’ll warm our bones by flying a number of regional flight routes in the northern Caribbean between the US Virgin Islands in the north and Martinique in the south.
GA Back to Basics: Visual Navigation
In Stage 2 of our PPL syllabus, we will expand your understanding of navigation, engine and airframe performance, as well as maps and charts as we work through several navigation training flights.
Prepar3D – The story so far…
In this special feature, we interview Adam Breed, Lockheed Martin’s Engineering Project Manager for Prepar3D and take an inside look at the simulation’s development.
X-Plane 11.30 – An Interview with Laminar Research
With the release of X-Plane 11.30, we decided to speak to the Laminar Research team to find out what features are included in the new version.
Orbx – The move to X-Plane – Interview with Orbx’s CEO, John Venema
Orbx’s CEO, John Venema, discusses how his passion for flight simulation resulted in the formation of Orbx Simulations and how the release of X-Plane 11 served as the catalyst for the company’s expansion into the X-Plane market.
Chillblast’s Fusion Hurricane
If your hardware is beginning to fall behind on the drag curve, it might be a good time to look at upgrading your computer. So, this review of the new Fusion Hurricane from Chillblast will prove useful.
- QualityWings’ Ultimate 787 Collection – The Electric Jet
- Razbam’s DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL – The iconic Harrier Jump Jet takes flight in DCS World
- Just Flight’s VC10 Jetliner – A classic mid-range airliner
- MilViz’s FG-1D Corsair – Bent-wing beauty!
- MilViz’s DHC-2 Beaver – Chris Frishmuth fulfils his dream of becoming a bush pilot…
- MilViz’s Cessna 310 Redux – A high-performance twin from MilViz
- vFlyteAir’s Piper PA30 Twin Comanche – A classic aircraft for X-Plane 11
- Carenado’s F33A Bonanza – Something of a ‘Bonanza’ from Carenado
- Reality Expansion Pack for Carenado’s F33A Bonanza – A whole new level of simulation!
- DreamFoil Creations’ Bell 407 – The ultimate utility helicopter
- FlyTampa’s Corfu – One of the first Greek islands to embrace tourism