The latest aircraft available over at Just Flight is the AEROPROYECTO Cessna C172N Floatplane for FSX and Prepar3D.
Featuring three paint schemes, the package is a detailed and fully animated model of the float-equipped C172, with an accurate flight model and a complex electrical system with functional circuit breakers.
Other highlights include 3D lighting, cockpit sounds, water splash effects, animated pilot and passengers, interior camera views and engine smoke and fire effects. An engine combustion model includes realistic performance and failures based on carburettor icing, fouled spark plugs, engine condition or even water ingestion. The virtual cockpit has been modelled with a leather upholstery and full 3D gauges and two different avionics options.
- Elevator angle is affected by trimming setting due to prop wash
- Ambience reflections, bumps, damages, dirt and sun reflect effects
- Several cameras were included for external inspection
- Custom water splash effect and it sound
- Optional dynamic precipitation drops on the windshield
- Realistic flight dynamics including on-water performance
- Stall horn system is realistically replicated
- Engine smoke and fire effects
- Custom sounds for switches, avionics buttons, engine, stall and doors
- Cabin temp system, with a 2D thermometer indication
The package is available on the Just Flight website for £17.49
Click here for more information.
The model N of the Cessna 172 was not officially build to support water floats. However, there are a certain number of aircraft that were successfully fitted with floats by their owners. This adaptation works well for up to three occupants, and with two people there is ample performance so you can relax and enjoy the ride. As the original N model, the float version is powered with a 160hp engine and the floats chosen, in most cases are the light EDO 2000; the same floats are fixed to this model. The handicap of this combination is the low buoyancy. You must proceed with caution at takeoff especially with company aboard.