Orbx has released additional images of the upcoming San Diego v2.0.
The new package is a much-improved version of KSAN using the latest optimization techniques this version is almost 100% new compared to the current scenery. Performance increases, plenty of new details and a few new major features are all part of the update.
KSAN v2.0 is an entirely free update for all existing users! If you haven’t had the chance to try KSAN yet, now is the perfect time as the scenery is currently on sale.
Developer, Matteo Veneziani explained: “First of all, I spent a great deal of time trying to understand how to improve this huge scenery, using latest techniques. This has been achieved by re-working almost every 3D component of the airport, extensive optimisation and consolidation, whilst at the same time adding more detail. Our testing team have all shown big performance improvements across the board, with a few testers even showing double the performance when used with Orbx FTX Global.”
Other features of the upcoming scenery include:
• Massive optimization efforts to greatly improve performance
• New animated jetways (CTRL-J)
• Far more terminal detailing (P3D only)
• New modelled interiors for main terminals (P3D only)
• Replaced static aircraft – new types unique to KSAN
• Updated ground polygons with new textures
• New ground imagery (higher quality, better colors and blending)
• Updated and revised GSE placement and types
• Added lite versions of surrounding airports: KMYF, KNRS, KNZY, KSDM, KSEE
• Major updates to POI and downtown textures
• Improved autogen and clutter
• Dynamic lighting (P3Dv4 only)
KSAN v2 is compatible with FTX GLOBAL, openLC North America or Southern California and will be available for FSX and Prepar3D.