Eagle Dynamics has announced DCS: Yak-52 Early Access for DCS World 2.5 is out now.
Introduced in 1979, the Yakovlev Yak-52 was as the primary aircraft trainer for the Soviet Union. Powered by a Vedeneyev M-14P, nine-cylinder 360 horsepower radial piston engine, it has been a popular choice among air forces around the world given its rugged construction, ease of handling and simple maintenance. It was also a popular civilian aerobatics aircraft in its later year. It is capable of pulling over 7G and pushing up to negative 5G, making it a popular with aerobatic teams around the world.
The DCS: Yak-52 is a realistic pilot training progression from the Yak-52 to the L-39C jet trainer, to modern fighters like the MiG-29 and Su-27. DCS has modelled a new radial piston engine simulation from the ground up with a realistic engine cooling model.
• Professional Flight Model that duplicates the flight characteristics of the Yak-52
• Realistic simulation of post-stall behaviour
• Complete systems modelling
• Realistic, mouse-interactive cockpit
• Accurate external and cockpit sounds that were recorded from a Yak-52
• Interactive training missions included
• Multiple liveries as both a military trainer and civilian aerobatic aircraft
• Cooperative multiplayer. Fly with a friend in the same aircraft
• Full virtual reality support for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft Mixed Reality
DCS: Yak-52 is available on the Eagle Dynamics website for $39.99. Click here for more information.