Eagle Dynamics has announced the NS 430 GPS navigation and communication system is now available as cockpit instrument for the Mi-8MTV2.
The instrument is also being offered for the L-39 and as a 2D, mouse-interactive pop-up window for most other aircraft. The 2D Pop-Up Window (not currently VR compatible) is available for all aircraft that don’t have a modern navigation and communication system. This allows you to use the NS 430 for many aircraft like all the aircraft from World War Two, the Korean War, Flaming Cliffs/Modern Air Combat, and others.
This version is now available from the DCS e-Shop for US$10.99.
As a special bonus to current owners of the NS 430 for the Mi-8MTV2, Eagle Dynamics is offering the Pop-Up Window version for free.
In addition to the three separate NS 430 products (L-39, Mi-8MTV2, and Pop-Up Window), the following two bundle deals are also available:
• NS 430 for the L-39 and Pop-up Window for US$14.99
• NS 430 for the Mi-8MTV2 and Pop-up Window for US$14.99
Persian Gulf Map for DCS World Update
This week the first major update to the Persian Gulf map was launched. In addition to adding the large Iranian airbases of Shiraz and Kerman, it also greatly expands the map with a larger detailed area with higher resolution elevation and textures. Further, many new towns and cities have been added, the Gate Hotel in Dubai, as well as an expanded road and rail network in Iran.
This update brings the Persian Gulf map to almost the same size as the Caucasus map and provides many more game-play options and a much larger battleground to fight in.
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update
Several new features have been added along with resolved bugs fixes for the Hornet.
Highlights of this update include:
• Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed
• STT track will not switch lock uncommanded
• RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented
• RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added
• Option on ME to select single or ripple release
• DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL
• RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority
• Night Vision Goggles (NVG) added
• Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added
• Landing gear drag lowered
Many of these items are highlighted in the following video.
DCS: M-2000C – Red Flag Campaign
The M-2000C Red Flag Campaign is a story-driven campaign that takes place during an extraordinary Red Flag exercise at the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). The campaign backstory revolves around growing hostilities between Iran and its neighbours and a partially successful coup that takes place in the United Arab Emirates, effectively splitting the country in two.
You will take on the role of a deputy commander of a 10-ship strong detachment of M-2000C interceptors from the 02.005 Fighter Squadron “Île-de-France”. In preparation for war in the Persian Gulf, your detachment, and those from the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Poland and the Netherlands, will spend two weeks at the NTTR to hone your skills.
All of the missions are based on extensive research of actual Red Flag exercises and will each include interesting facts and stories from previous runnings of the exercise. The package also comes with detailed mission briefings, maps, and other documents that includes Air Tasking Orders and Data Sheets based on actual counterparts used by the US and French Air Forces.
• 16 story-driven missions
• Over 3,000 voiceovers performed by more than 40 voice actors
• Returning characters from the M-2000C Caucasus campaign
• Many of interesting background facts and stories from past Red Flag exercises
• Preparation for upcoming DCS campaigns in the Persian Gulf