Eagle Dynamics has announced a new module for DCS World, Modern Air Combat (MAC), will be released this autumn.
Modern Air Combat will feature 14 different combat aircraft, each one with accurate flight dynamics, sounds, external model and a cockpit which has been is recreated to a high level of detail and accuracy. Other highlights include common keyboard commands to control to the aircraft, selectable difficulty settings and an option for more forgiving flight dynamics.
As with Lock On and the Flaming Cliffs series, MAC is focused on Eastern and Western bloc aircraft, with the ability to create legendary match-ups such as the Eagle and Flanker, Warthog and Frogfoot, Sabre and MiG-15bis, and the F-5E and MiG-21bis. MAC is a blend of both east and west, and this allows you to re-fight historical conflicts from the Korean War to today, and to create your own “what-if” missions.
An unlimited number of missions can be generated using the Fast Mission Creator and Mission Editor but MAC also includes numerous instant action and single missions, as well as campaigns for most of the aircraft and is fully compatible with DCS World online. In addition to the full Caucasus map, MAC also includes a limited part of the Nevada and Persian Gulf maps.
• 14 combat aircraft from the US, Russia, China and Czech Republic
• Shallow learning curve with consistent key controls between aircraft
• Professional level flight models, but with option for forgiving flight dynamics
• Play instant action, single missions and campaigns
• Supports Virtual Reality like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality
• Includes the Caucasus map and portions of Nevada and the Persian Gulf
• Purchase MAC aircraft individually or as a pack at a reduced price
• Flaming Cliffs 3 owners can purchase the MAC pack at a great discount.
• F-15C Eagle – US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record
• Su-27 Flanker B – Russia’s dominate heavy air superiority fighter
• Su-33 Flanker D – The Russian navy’s carrier capable version of the Flanker B
• Flanker B+ – Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles
• MiG-29 Fulcrum A – Russia’s widely exported light air superiority fighter
• MiG-29S Fulcrum C – The modernised version of the Fulcrum
• A-10A Warthog – USAF’s successful ‘flying tank’, designed to kill ground targets
• Su-25A Frogfoot – Russia’s primary ground attack and close air support jet
• Su-25T Frogfoot – A modernised version of the Frogfoot
• F-86F Sabre – America’s top fighter during the Korean War
• MiG-15bis Fagot – Russia’s 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre
• F-5E Tiger II – US fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War
• MiG-21bis Fishbed – Russia’s most successful fighter of the Vietnam war.
• L-39ZA – A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft