Aerosoft has released the A318/A319 professional for Prepar3D V4.3.
Virtually every part of the previous A318/A319 has been overhauled or redone in 64-bit using the latest technology and compilers to make the aircraft both future proof and light on frame rates.
The package focuses on providing realistic day-to-day operations from the left seat, while a virtual copilot has been added to help with various tasks such as running through checklists and flows. Dozens of non-standard animations have been modelled with sound effects such as sun screens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass and drooping flight surfaces to name a few. The custom sound system adds hundreds of background audio effects to enhance the immersion. All main doors and cargo hatches can be operated and extensive options control objects such as cones, chocks, pylons and ground power.
Other highlights include dynamic lighting from Prepar3D and RealLight from TFDi Design. Full rain and rain repellent effects are also implemented using TrueGlass (also from TFDi Design).
On the systems side, the aircraft features a custom Fly-by-Wire system with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection and auto trim. Other systems include:
• Detailed auto-flight systems with full Cat III auto land
• Thrust computer systems (FADEC) with a FLEX take-off option
• Very complete MCDU (can be controlled via web browser or tablet
• Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-around and holds
• Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
• VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported
• NavDataPro (LIDO) and Navigraph compatibility
• FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included
• Detailed ECAM display
• Full ADIR`s system
• TCAS for AI Traffic, including IVAO and VATSIM support
• Custom electrical bus system with realistic battery run down and voltages
• Loading and refuelling module with advanced and simple mode
• Functional in-cockpit printer
A fully functional weather radar with Manual and Multiscan modes is also included. It works with any weather add-on and reads the actual weather that is inserted in simulator. It even shows ground clutter.
• Tiller can be operated by additional axis
• Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures
• Engine models fully updated, accurate thrust, EPR, N1,N2, EGT, FF
• Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC
• View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D and 3D views
• Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
• Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
• Controls all doors and hatches
• Tier 1 support for PMDG Global Flight Operations
The new professional range will contain 2 separate products; the Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional and Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional. Both packages will be available as a bundle, all further information about ordering and release will follow next week.
Not all elements will be ready at release. For a full list of the final features, click here for more information on the Aerosoft forum. The developer also stated that Connected Flight Deck v2 isn’t part of this version and will be delivered with service pack one.
The Aerosoft A318/A319 professional is available as a download for €60.45.
The following upgrade options for owners of previous versions of the Airbus series:
Airbus A318/A319 to Aerosoft A318/A319 professional: €29,98
Airbus A320/A321 to Aerosoft A318/A319 professional: €29,98
Aerosoft A320/A321 to Aerosoft A318/A319 professional: €29,98