Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek have announced the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available as Early Access.
As the culmination of more than 40-man years of intense research, technology development, art creation, and ground-breaking coding, the Hornet brings the first, true, multi-role fighter to the skies of DCS World.
The developers have gone to great lengths to model the flight aerodynamics and fly-by-wire flight control system of the Hornet to allow you to experience the real feeling of power and extreme capabilities this aircraft has to offer. Although deadly, the Hornet is also a very easy aircraft to fly.
In addition, the Hornet also comes with the most detailed aircraft carrier ever created for a PC game. Catapult from the “boat”, strike a large assortment of targets, then “call the ball” and land back on the carrier.
• Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
• USS John C. Stennis aircraft carrier with fully operational steam catapults, arrestor wires, “meat ball” landing system, TACAN navigation, jet blast deflectors, radar antennas, defence systems and lights
• Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear
• Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many sub-systems including engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more.
• Inertia and GPS navigation systems with moving map display allow you multiple ways to find your target and get you back to “mother”
• Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs
• A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6 degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches.
• New effects such as leading edge extension vapor, over-wing vapor, rain on canopy, and explosions
• Virtual Reality support
• Multiple liveries for the US Navy, US Marine Corps, Canada, Australia, Spain, Switzerland, Finland, and more.
During the Early Access period several features will be added to the Hornet, including new several sensors, weapons, and sub-systems.
The Real Hornet
The F/A-18C Hornet is a single seat, twin engine, supersonic multi-role air superiority fighter. Combining extreme manoeuvrability with a deadly arsenal, and the ability to operate from an aircraft carrier, it has been instrumental in many theatres since 1986.
It is equipped with a large suite of sensors that includes a multi-mode radar, targeting pod and helmet mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet is armed with an assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser and GPS-guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles. It is also known for its extreme, slow-speed manoeuvrability in a dogfight.
Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek join forces
Following the release of the Hornet, Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek have announced the two companies will join under one banner, Eagle Dynamics. The two companies released the following statement: “We’ve been silent for a while and want to announce a new exciting change. Eagle Dynamics has been working hand in hand with Belsimtek for many years and together we have succeeded in creating some well-known products in the flight simulation community that we hope you enjoy. With the intent of further developing this success we have decided to align and strengthen our brand image under one banner, Eagle Dynamics. The team will remain unchanged and under the same leadership we are confident of delivering great new products to you. With the F-16C block 50, Mi-24P, AH-1S Huey Cobra and F-4E in the development pipeline, the future is very exciting. Together we look forward to taking Eagle Dynamics to the next level.”
DCS: F/A-18C Screenshot Gallery