Flight Sim Labs has announced it will reveal exclusive new features for the A319-X expansion on their forum at 1800Z on Sunday May 20, 2018.
FSLabs founder Lefteris Kalamaras said: “The team have been working hard on this and we’re really excited to be in a position to preview it on Sunday.”
The A319-X builds on techniques developed for the A320-X, simulating every component on the aircraft right down to individual wires, connections and computers. A319-X pilots will, for the first time, be able to truly appreciate the myriad of subtle differences from the rest of the A320 family that real pilots experience on a daily basis.
Amongst other, yet-to-be-announced features, the A319-X will feature all-new engine and performance models for both CFM56-5B7 and IAE V2522-A5 variants, as well as a new aerodynamic model reflecting the structural differences between the A319 and its larger cousin.
The A319 expansion pack will be exclusively for the Prepar3D v4 platform. As well as a number of yet-to-be-announced unique features, the A319-X will include:
• A unique and immersive sound experience – utilising hundreds of recordings from the real aircraft
• Custom ground friction models to simulate proper ground handling, including single engine taxi
• Brake models tuned to match real world performance in all weather conditions
• More than 60,000 electrical components simulated and connected via simulated electrical and data driven networks
• Every aircraft component within the fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems has been modelled
• Dual FMGS that follows the ARINC 424-19 specification in detail and faithfully simulates lateral and vertical flight path guidance.
The Fly-By-Wire system faithfully represents the feeling of flying the real-world aircraft. including a complete flight control system, featuring Normal Law, Alternate Law, Abnormal Attitude Law, Direct Law and Mechanical Backup.