Leonardo has announced pricing information for Fly the Maddog X expansion for FSX and Prepar3D.
The aircraft will be available in two versions via SimMarket.
The 32bit edition, compatible with FSX SP 2, Acceleration or FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D v3.4, will retail at €65 (£57 approx).
The 64bit edition, compatible with Prepar3D v4, includes all features available with the 32bit edition plus TFDi’s TrueGlass and RealLight. This edition will retail at €80 (£71 approx).
There will be a 5€ discount for both versions during the first week upon release. News for the customers of the legacy version shortly.
In addition, the developer has launched a new website at www.flythemaddogx.com, which contains the user manual and the quick guide in English and Italian.
Finally, Leonardo also stated: “We are going to give our beta group what we expect to be the last beta prior the 1.0 release. If everything is ok, the Maddog X could be available during this week.”
Fly the MaddogX Features:
• Six liveries in 4K resolution: American Airlines (N9405T), Alitalia (I-DAVD), Laser (YV2923), Meridiana (I-SMER), SAS (LN-RMR), and the McDonnel Douglas (N501MD) special livery in which the very first built MD-82 was painted
• Detailed virtual cockpit and exterior model, fully animated and rendered with 4K textures
• Built in view system for 3D camera views and 2D panels
• Complete CM-1 and CM-2 panels with functional separated instruments
• Real cockpit sounds, recorded in the real aircraft Every switch has his own sound and all the cockpit environment is reproduced in very high fidelity. A true to life, immersive experience
• Dual/multiple systems simulation (DFGS, FD, CADC, EFIS, AHRS, FMS) with switching between dual systems
• FMS – FMS – Flight Management System with dual independent CDUs
• DFDR – Digital Flight Data Recorder
• TCAS – Traffic Collision Avoidance System
• WAGS – Windshear Alert and Guidance System
• EGPWS – Enhanced Ground proximity Warning System
• ACARS system (requires HiFi ActiveSky 3rd part add-on)
• Weather Radar (requires HiFi ActiveSky or REX Advantage 3rd part add-ons)
• Full electrical system simulation including working overhead breakers
• Full hydraulic system with working engine, auxiliary and transfer pumps etc
• Full pneumatic system
• Auto/Manual pressurization system and cockpit environment control
• Optimum flap system (dial a flap)
• Antiskid system
• ABS – Autobrake System
• Full dimmable cockpit lightning and backlighting; realistic atmospheric effects on windshield (rain, snow, ice) with • • TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass technology (64 bit version only)
• Very accurate flight model and engine parameters
• Realistic failures and automatic failure generator
• Management of inoperative systems in accordance with MEL (Minimum Equipment List)
• Load manager and route/fuel planner application
• Customized dynamic lights and effects taken from real footage. From the shape of the light beams to the shape of the • touchdown smoke or engine wash and smoke, everything is custom made to reflect the real airplane
• Compatible with GSX, FS2Crew and Navigraph AIRAC and procedures updates for the FMS
Minimum system requirements:
• 32bit edition (FSX/P3D v3.4): I3 CPU or equivalent, 4Gb RAM, 2Gb GPU, Windows 7
• 64bit edition (P3D v4.1/v4.2): I5 CPU or equivalent, 8Gb RAM, 2Gb GPU, Windows 7 64 bit