The MiG-21Bis Fishbed is an independent 3rd party module within DCS:World series and is being developed by beczl Studios in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics.
The aircraft will include both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground capabilities with various conventional weapons like missiles, rockets, bombs, and a built in 23mm cannon. The aircraft will also use less widely known weapons such as some advanced air-to-surface guided missiles, retarded and general purpose bombs, and some special devices.
The MiG-21Bis is a third-generation, supersonic, fighter. It’s avionics equipment ensures day and night operations in fair and poor weather conditions. Some 50 countries in over four continents have flown the MiG-21, and it still serves many nations a half-century after its maiden flight. The MiG-21 broke a number of aviation records and it is still the most produced supersonic jet aircraft in aviation history.
The “DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed” will include both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground capabilities that includes various conventional weapons like missiles, rockets, bombs, and a built in 23mm cannon. It will also use less widely known weapons such as some advanced air-to-surface guided missiles, retarded and general purpose bombs, and some special devices.
Features of the “DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed”:
• Detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit with dynamic shadows
• Accurate airframe and realistic 3D cockpit model
• Detailed modeling of the instruments, navigation, electrical, radar, engine, fuel, and weapon systems
• Russian and English cockpit texts and hints
• Improved and more realistic aircraft behavior, based on real MiG-21Bis pilot flight tests
• More than twenty highly detailed aircraft skins with unique stencil texts.
• More than a dozen new deliverable weapons.