The Skyhawk has been 10 months in the making and is one of the most in-depth development of any aircraft Virtavia has produced.
The A-4 was developed as a jet-powered replacement for the A-1J Skyraider. It pioneered the fighter-bomber concept with emphasis on a low-level bomber role and proved itself extremely capable in south east Asia, particularly in the Vietnam War where it was first delivered in June 1967.
It was also capable of nuclear weapons delivery, a primary design consideration in the early 1950’s when the Skyhawk was designed.
Despite being a bomber first and foremost, the A-4 was a superb fighter and was also used by the Blue Angels aerobatic team into the 1980’s. It was in continuous production for a 25 years and exported to many air forces around the world. It was still flying well into the 1990’s, nearly 50 years after its conception at the Douglas works in Long Beach, California.
• 26 unique Skyhawk exterior models.
• 26 unique Skyhawk cockpit models.
• 22 unique FDE’s (flight dynamics tailored to specific loadout.
• Fully functional APG-53A radar unit, with multiple modes and functions.
• Package centres on A-4E and A-4F variants and sub-variants.
• Multiple texture sets : 3 USN, 3 USMC, 2 Adversaries, 1 Blue Angels, 2 RAAF.
• High quality native FSX models.
• Multiple bomb/missile/tank loadouts.
• Accurately modelled and working catapult bridle and holdback assemblies.
• Top Gun Adversaries, Australian A-4G and Blue Angels versions included.
• 2048-pixel bump-mapped textures.
• High quality 3D cockpit.
• ‘RealGauge’ 3D instruments.
• Illustrated user manual in PDF format.
• High quality soundset.
• PhotoShop painkit files provided.
• Note – NO 2D panel is provided.
A PhotoShop paintkit is available on the Virtavia Freeware Site (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php).